Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mission Accomplished !!!!

Wow what a ride! How can it be over already? Those were the two thoughts I had as I drove under the checkerd flag for the first time at Riverhead Raceway. This past Saturday both my goals were met and then some. My first goal was to qualify - everyone qualified so I didn't have to worry about that. My second goal was to finish the race. I did... A finishing position of 13th out of twenty two cars made this weekend a success. Prior to the heat races I attended my first drivers meeting in which I got to meet most of the competitors. Some welcomed me into the division and gave me some pointers. I was even asked to program one drivers raceceiver (name with held to protect the innocent). Talking with the experienced drivers Paul Dodorico and Glen Maningo really helped me calm down for the race. The other unexpected excitement of the day was that Newsday was at the track shooting video, taking pictures and interviewing me and my family. The positive press just kept on coming not only for me but for the racetrack itself. The story NEWSDAY did will not be in the paper, but on their website NEWSDAY.Com at some point this week. It's was so cool to have the opportunity to represent my marketing partners.... Movies in the Moonlight...... Aces Landscaping..... and ASI Racewear..... in the press. This weekend was amazing. I cant wait for the next one!

I want to thank Ana Gutierrez for the work she did on the video and the still photos. It is so cool to have professional video and photos documenting a memory I will never forget....










Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa
















Posted by Picasa

http://www.moviesinthemoonlight.com/ 
 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment